Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Interview with Author R.G. Porter


Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? 
I always loved to daydream, from the time I was a small child up until now. I used to love
writing poems when I was little and then began on short stories as I got
to high school. There was a few years I did not write, but it came back in
full force back in 2005 and I've been going ever since.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? 
Most of my books are just my imagination in overdrive, however, there are
a few instances of scenes that are from things that have happened to me
and I've just expounded on them. There are also some characters in my
books that are from those people I've met, known or still speak to. Others
are from experiences I've had watching people as well.

Do you work with an outline, or just write? 
I try to do a rough outline, so I have a general idea of where the story
is supposed to go, but mostly I'm a pantser. I love seeing what my
characters are going to come up with, because they tend to surprise the
heck out of me at every turn.

What are your current projects?
Right now I am working on re-editing and adding to my current backlist. I am hoping to release a new book every
month from this backlist as well as working on new projects as well. I
have books coming out from my Darkness Unleashed series, as well as a
horror novel and new fantasy series in the works. If all goes well I will
be releasing at least one novel a month throughout the next year.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Read all you can and write. Even if you are not sure what you want to say, just write. It could be crap or
it could be great, but until you start doing it you can never improve.
Also, learn to find the groups that are out there for writers. Be it
critique groups, or support, you will find a wealth of information within
them.

How do you market your work? What avenues have you found to work best for your genre?
Networking like crazy. I use Facebook, Twitter, Google+, writer boards, reader boards, word of mouth, blogs, anything and
everything I can to get my name and books out there. Hopefully, one day, I
will step into print and can hook up with some other authors in the area
and do book signings. The only limit out there is the one we place upon
ourselves.


Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 
Thank you, thank you for your time, your thoughts, your opinions and mostly
importantly, thank you for taking the time to read the adventures I write.

Links: Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005R1PD9K
Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005R1PD9K
Amazon DE: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B005R1PD9K
Amazon FR: https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B005R1PD9K
Barnes & Noble:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/shades-of-night-r-g-porter/1101129503?ean=2940013338067&itm=1&usri=shades%2bof%2bnight
Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/92765

No comments:

Post a Comment