Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, October 21, 2011

Interview with Penelope Crowe


Penelope thanks for stopping by. I’d to first say that I love your name! Alright, on with the questions.
Is anything in your book 100 unfortunate days based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?                                                                                  Oh, yes.  Many parts of 100 Unfortunate Days are based on things that happened in my life, and sometimes the lives of other people I’ve known.  Many times in the book real occurrences merge with dreams or fantasies, but I did not want the reader to know where.  Some things are just my opinion taken to an extreme, and some things are just made up.
Do you relate to the narrator of your book?
I relate to the narrator in my darkest hours.  I tried to write the entire book from that terrible place we have all glimpsed here or there, but are happy to leave.  Maybe some other people have felt some of the dark stirrings and emotions the narrator feels in the book.  Sometimes it is good to know you are not the only one out there with crazy thoughts.
What is it that draws you to the psychological aspect of writing?
I love psychology in general.  I had taken it in college, and I became fascinated with the mind and how we are all affected by things differently.  I love the idea that we as writers have the ability to affect the way people feel, even if only for a short time.  Reading something dark can be cathartic, it can be a safe place to have those terrible feelings, and then let them go when the book is over.
 Describe yourself in three words. 
Distracted, hopeful, competitive
Any words for someone thinking of writing their first novel?
Hmmm.  Nike says just do it.  But I will make my own version and say shut up and do it.  Stop talking yourself out of everything and start with any action.  Even if it’s just picking three potential new names for a new book.  Action leads to more action, right?  Because once you start, you have momentum and it gets easier.  Starting is the hardest thing.
What is the last book you read?
Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindgvist.
If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you?
Somebody that has great hair (my hair is always messy).  Who has great hair?  I think Helena Bonham Carter could do my crazy side…but her hair is messy too…  

Thank you so much for stopping by! You can check out Penelope's work on Amazon and BN.

No comments:

Post a Comment